Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Twenty Fifth Year | Highlights from my Photo of the Day project

Instead of inundating this post with all 365 pictures, which could get a little tedious for you and not all of them were ones I was overly impressed with, I decided to choose those that were my favorites and share them. My project was a picture a day that I did for my 25th year of life. I started on my birthday and went until my last day as a 25 year old. It was a very crazy year for me as it turned out. My family had moved to Oregon, a close friend who was like a brother passed away, I went from unemployed to employed, and I got engaged. It was hard to push myself to complete .... there were times I felt like giving up because it seemed the only one who would notice would be me. But between being intrinsically motivated to see it through and having growing support from friends and family I pushed through. Most of these pictures were done with a pink Sony cyber shoot (point and shoot). It actually took 5 camera's to get me through this project because my first point and shoot died while on a trip to see my parents, I had to use my mom's point and shoot for a day when I didn't have a camera of my own, a second replacement cyber shoot (also pink), a hand me down DSLR from my father in law for a short time, and then finally my own Canon T1I DSLR that I got for Christmas! So enough of my blabbing -- here are 75 of my 365 in no particular order!
Old mausoleum in a pioneer cemetery -- Portland, OR  
Random find on the streets of Portland, OR
A lighthouse calling you home. Portland, OR
Jellyfish. Newport, OR
Flowers at Crystal Springs. Portland, OR
A womb with a view. 
Happy birthday to my brother. Portland, OR
Aunt Jennie. Portland, OR
The start of wanting to do masked shoots. Living in this Toxic World. 
Banana Bean. My inspiration and now business namesake. 
A tiny little mouse that I almost stepped on. Portland, OR
Grasshopper of Bartlett Lake. 
Injured. A dove that smacked into the window of a building I worked at. He later flew away. 
Mother Teresa Statue. Phoenix, AZ
Passion flower. 
A cat skull that was found in a box. 
Sitting all alone. 
Empty classroom. 
Poppies. Scottsdale, AZ
An old chair in the assay house. Vulture City, AZ
Veterans Day lady. Prescott, AZ
When life gives you lemons...
My macro on my 1st cybershoot was pretty awesome.
A couple just hanging out in the park. Scottsdale, AZ.
Found this bee body. I thought it was beautiful. 
One of the things that I really got out of this project was pushing myself to try things. This was around the time of the BP oil spill and wanted to somehow make a photo that talked to that. I broke a pen in water and started taking pictures...
This was from a house that was abandoned near my house. It had been completely overtaken by vines. Now it is lived in and no longer looks like this. 
I stalked this tiny dragonfly around my yard for about 30 minutes. He never left and I finally caught him. I held him just long enough to get this shot and then let him go. :)
The death of a camera. 
Hanging out at Vulture City Mines. 
My first ever newborn shoot. In hospital the day after she was born. The start of a love. 
A yard full of chairs. Scottsdale, AZ
Night time shoot (the perks of having a DSLR)
Watson Lake. Prescott, AZ
An art installation using the wood of a burned down church. Phoenix, AZ
Pioneer town. Az
A trip to the zoo with my brand new telephoto lens. 
Tunnel under the freeway. Phoenix, AZ
Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West.
Do you have a dollar? 
Stacked rocks. 
Tea for 2.
Scorpion Gulch. Phoenix, AZ
Tempe town lake bridge. 

Thank you to those who pushed me and kept me going through this project. It wasn't easy but I did it. Someone who was a huge influence is someone who never even got to see the very first photo. A dear friend of mine, fellow photographer, passed away on my birthday and in the end I dedicated it all to him. I know he'd of been proud of me and would have been my biggest supporter through it all. So this is in memory of him. 

Peace, Love, and Happiness -- Kris Wolfe. 

Find me on Facebook, and Twitter!


2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, you are so talented! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments so far, we will be watching as you continue to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Sandra! You're the sweetest ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete