Sunday, May 4, 2014

Plague Doctor | January 2014

Plague doctor masks have always intrigued me (this was the 1st of 2 that I have done. You can see the other here). I find them fascinating and a little creepy. There are a ton of styles of them and I had a specific, bone-like one in mind. So I set out to make one. With the help of my stepdad we created this mask from start to finish. The location was just as important to me and wanted something "Watcher In The Woods" inspired. If you haven't heard of it, Watcher In The Woods is an 80's movie that was produced by Disney. I was both horrified and drawn to it as a kid. When I found this riparian area near Prescott Valley I knew this was exactly where I wanted to shoot.
While walking through the trees I saw this leftover shell of a cicada. I couldn't pass up using my macro lens and shooting this perfect little gem.
Negative space is sometimes perfect.
The doctor is a dapper gentleman...

Be sure to follow me on TwitterFacebook, & 500px!

No comments:

Post a Comment