Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Abandoned Weekend | May 2013

Last May my husband and I went on a road trip to 2 Guns where it was foretold that there was an abandoned medieval zoo. The weekend turned out to be chock full of lovely, forgotten abandondness which I absolutely loved. There is nothing more lovely than finding forgotten and lonely buildings. 

A silent gas station -- except for the crunching of dirt under my feet and the occasional bird song. Not too long forgotten this modern building was open, airy, and bright. 

An additional semi modern building falling apart within walking distance of the gas station.

 I have an affinity for chairs ♥
 My inner nerd [while not a Star Wars nerd] loved that there was Stormtrooper  graffiti. 
 What is left of the mountain lion zoo. From the ruins it looked to have been quite the depressing roadside attraction. 
 And now for the third stop on this abandoned getaway: Twin Arrows. 
 A window facing a wall -- not a well thought out design. 
 Some very vibrant and beautiful graffiti hidden in a back corner. I almost missed this little gem. 
Find me on FacebookTwitter, and 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment